The Gossip Grapevine

The greatest second hand gossip blog in the blog world...

Monday, January 09, 2006

Kathy Griffin vs. Steven Spielerg


So according to Pagesix.com, Kathy Griffin is pissed off that Steven Spielberg would demand an apology for last year's red carpet comment about Dakota Fanning just getting out of rehab. Personally, pagesix and Kathy Griffin make a damn good point about SS infringing on her free speech right, on the OTHER hand, she was working. And by working I mean for a TV station, and I assume that they would prefer her to not say shit like that. So I don't understand why the E! channel isn't pissed. In pagesix it goes on to say that the E! asked for an apology but all KG said was "'OK, here's your apology: You'd have to be a [bleep]ing idiot to not know I was kidding.' And they're, like, 'Well, we can't print that' . . . It's a joke. It's a joke. I'm not going to apologize for jokes. Ten years old. It's a joke."

I would like to say GOOD JOB to KG for sticking to her guns. If any of you have not seen Ms. G's Bravo specials, "my life on the D-List" you need to TIVO it for sure! It is a must see! I would also like to tell Ms. G I am very pleased she was able to work things out with her husband... all the luck to you Kathy!